Many people have a passion for gardening but there is one specific aspect that gardeners absolutely dread. If you’re reading this right now then you already know the answer. Unfortunately, it is weeds. So, what is the best way to get rid of them?
An innovative way to deal with weeds without breaking your back or resorting to harmful chemicals is investing in a weed torch.
A weed killer torch features exceptional properties that will allow getting your weeding tasks done comfortably.
This review will guide you on what you need to consider before making a purchase. And here are the 5 best weed killer torches on the market today, including their advantages/disadvantages and special features.
5 Best Weed Killer Torches
|Red Dragon||3.56 lbs|
|Lincoln Electric||5.0 lbs|
- Manufacturer: Red Dragon
- Item Weight: 3.56 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 3x35x5 inches
- Kit Includes:
- Adjustable needle valve
- 100,000 BTU Torch with plastic grip
- 10-foot U.L. Listed LP Gas Hose
- Hand tighten excess flow P.O.L.
- U.L. listed regulator
- Pilot spark lighter
- Pipe thread compound
- Product Features:
- Lightweight and super handy
- Easy to use
- Excellent maneuverability
- Exceptional value for money
- Superior durability
- Innovative design
- CSA International Certified
- Made in U. S.A.
This propane weed burner is a handy tool specially designed to fit for homeowners to keep your lawn and gardens weed-free.
It is remarkable in helping you lessen the need for mowing or the use of chemical treatments, particularly in hard to reach places.
The tool features a 23-inch handle length and 10-foot gas hose, making it easy for you to snap, aim precisely, and get optimum coverage to every corner of your garden, specifically to where you need it.
This torch kit generates heat to 2,000-degrees F with 100,000 BTU making the weed dragon reliable and powerful enough to get your weeding jobs done in a remarkably short time.
The torch is versatile enough to accommodate any refillable propane tank (barbeque cylinders work great) and comes with a hand-tighten tank fitting without the need of a wrench. It also contains a powerful propane cylinder, with a bell about 27 1/2-inch in size to strengthen the handle.
The Weed Dragon is superior to use if you’re considering flaming heavy weeds and stumps.
You’ll find the kit suited to weed out concrete cracks, rock gardens, driveways, and even fence lines.
Weeds in irrigation ditches, fields, culverts, and pond edges are no exception too. You can eliminate them quickly with very minimal effort.
Aside from eliminating weeds in your lawns and gardens, the Weed Dragon is excellent to use if you’re considering sterilizing garden birdbaths and animal cages.
In addition to that, removal of lingering paint, grease, oil, plastic and residues from metal, concrete and other non-flammable objects is easy with the aid of a superb torch kit.
Furthermore, the kit is especially helpful in melting thaw, frozen water pipes, snow, ice off steps, sidewalks, and driveways.
The weed killer is fully assembled and ready-to-use. You can torch a kit to help you eliminate persistent weeds in your lawn and gardens, making the place safe for everyone in the family and pets too.
Generally, Red Dragon is user friendly, which means even first-time users will find it easy to operate. The torch is manufactured in the U.S. A. and CSA International Certified.
- Easy to control squeeze bulb and versatile enough to accommodate any regular refillable propane tank.
- Super handy flamethrower specifically designed for homeowners.
- The propane torch weed burner generates heat to 2,000-degrees F with 100,000 BTU, powerful enough to get your weeding jobs done.
- Reliable for getting rid of heavy weeds and stumps.
- Multi-purpose and excellent to use when sterilizing garden birdbaths and animal cages.
- Has an overall length from the torch bell to the back of the handle which is about 27 1/2-inch.
- Fully assembled and ready to use weed blow torch kit.
- User-friendly and highly recommended, even for first-time users.
- CSA International Certified
- A bit pricey compared to other alternatives.
Red Dragon is one of the best propane weed burner torches you can trust when eliminating weeds, in both your lawn and garden.
And because of the weed burner’s unquestionable durability and maneuverability, many homeowners highly recommend it.
- Manufacturer: Houseables
- Item Weight: 1.95 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 37 x 10 x 1 inches
- Product Features:
- Adjustable flame output.
- Powerful self-igniting mechanism.
- Lightweight ergonomic handle
- Offers a safe distance with a long reach.
- Easy storage with a slim, durable rod.
The Houseables Weed Torch Propane Burner is a easy-to-use weed killer that has become the preference to many gardeners. Featuring a reliable and adjustable flame, you can use it comfortably when eliminating weeds outdoors.
Another useful feature you will surely love is the efficiency of its quick-fire ignition, making the job of eradicating weeds finish quickly.
All you need to do is squeeze the trigger lightly, and the torch will fire right away.
You can manage the torch by taking advantage of the control valve that regulates the precise pressure of the blaze, setting the flame’s output to your preference.
This weed burner is perfect for you if you have small hands. The weed killer is not only lightweight, but it also offers a superb balance and comfort while exterminating the weeds.
The flame thrower tool features an ergonomic foam-padded handle that allows you to operate the weed flamer free from hand blisters, wrist stress, and will give you a weed-free landscape all year round.
Another useful attribute of the Houseables Weed Burner Propane Torch is the long reach limiting you from bending and the possibility of back pain while keeping you at a safe distance.
Another beneficial aspect is that it eliminates the possibility of burning yourself when igniting the grill or a campfire.
When weed elimination is complete, all you have to do is let the grass burner cool off by placing it in a well-ventilated area.
The weed flamer is easy to store with its slim and durable rod, perfect even with limited storage space.
- Reliable and adjustable flame.
- Efficient quick-fire ignition.
- It has a durable control valve that regulates precise blaze pressure.
- Set the flame output of your preference.
- Lightweight and perfect for users with small hands.
- Ergonomic foam-padded handle for a comfortable grip.
- It allows you to operate free from hand blisters and wrist stress.
- Long reach limiting you from bending and the possibility of back pain.
- Keeps you at a safe distance while flaming weeds.
- Eliminates the possibility of burning yourself when igniting the grill or a campfire.
- Easy to store with its slim and durable rod.
- Excellent value for money.
- Best for low-to-moderate weed counts only.
If your goal is to eliminate minor weed counts only and you’re looking for an inexpensive propane weed killer, this one is perfect for you. If your garden or lawn is known for having a large count of weeds then the Red Dragon Torch above is the way to go.
Nonetheless, this Housables Weed Flamer serves a multi-purpose in performing minor jobs around the backyard.
Generally, this weed torch brings comfort to use and makes a smart investment for every gardener sick of pulling up thistles and weeds by hand.
- Manufacturer: Bernzomatic
- Item Weight: 1.2 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 39 x 8 x 2 inches
- Product Features:
- Quick Ignition Start
- Quality control valve with high and solid flame output
- 36-inch reach offer for less bending and crouching
- High-quality solid brass tip
- 3-Year Warranty
- Non-slip grip
- Made in the U.S.A.
The Bernzomatic JT850 trigger-started outdoor torch manufactured in the US, has a specific design to produce the high flame output you can use to eliminate outdoor weeds.
The primary function of this propane weed torch is to eliminate persistent weeds in your lawn or garden. However, the flame thrower is also perfect to start charcoal for BBQs, campfires, it will control insects, or even melt ice from driveways.
The torch weed killer burns propane or Mapp gas with an integrated trigger-start mechanism for quick flaming and has an easy to use adjustable flame control, and for a low price tag, you’ll get exceptional value for multi-purpose applications.
The flame weed killer features a simplified start-igniter, making it easy for you to nail weeds without the use of a flint lighter.
Additionally, it ensures user safety with its user-friendly quality valve. It features an adjustable flame mechanism you can control based on the burning applications of your choice.
The 20,000 BTU weed killer torch is sufficient to accommodate and fire even large patches of weeds on all corners continuously.
This flame thrower is made out of brass and cast aluminum and offers a 3-year warranty, making the Bernzomatic weed killer torch one of the top picked torches on the market today.
The only notable drawback this weed killer has is that sometimes, a propane smell emanates upon ignition and some occasional issues with the self-igniting feature. But considering its low tag price, it really isn’t a deal breaker.
- 36-inch length weed killer which limits bending and the possibility of back pain.
- Burns propane or Mapp gas with a simplified trigger-start mechanism.
- Quick flaming and easy to use adjustable flame control.
- Low price tag.
- Exceptional value for multi-purpose applications.
- User-friendly quality valve flame control.
- Made of brass and cast aluminum.
- 3-year warranty.
- The propane smell emanates upon ignition.
- An occasional issue with the self-igniting feature.
Everyone loves weed-free lawns and gardens, and considering the beneficial features of the BernzOmatic JT850 trigger-started outdoor torch, this weed flamer is easy to use and offers diverse applications which makes it a great pick. But if you aren’t looking to budget, then the Red Dragon Torch which is number 1 on this list is the best way to go.
But nonetheless, this multi-purpose weed killer specifically designed to produce high-quality heat and take care of your weed elimination projects around the backyard will do just fine if you’re trying to save some money.
- Manufacturer: Lincoln Electric
- Item Weight: 5.0 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 3.8 x 8 x 41 inches
- Product Features:
- 500,000 BTU powerful output
- Solid brass valve for stronger flame
- Works great with 20, 50, or 100 lb. propane cylinders.
- Equipped with an excess flow safety valve.
- 10′ Liquified petroleum gas hose
The fourth torch on our list is the Lincoln Electric Inferno Propane Torch Kit. This flame thrower is made out of the best quality materials, is easy to operate, and works great with its ergonomic handle that provides a comfortable grip while in use.
This weed killer is safe to use and works well in an environmentally friendly manner compared to traditional weed burners.
You are not exposed to an open flame and it does not produce any toxic substances while in use since it uses electricity instead of natural gas.
The 500,000 BTU powerful flame output can quickly eliminate weeds, not only for your lawn but your garden as well. It is also a great help in eradicating persistent weeds on your driveway or backyard paths.
Another great functionality is the 10’ liquified petroleum gas hose. It allows you to use the tools and keep your hands away from danger.
The powerful torch offers many innovative features, making it the perfect flame thrower you can use in your garden.
It features an excess flow safety valve and brass-frame valve for simple flame adjustment. The device also comes with a flint striker
The model torch also flaunts attributes of its extreme lightweight, it’s user-friendly, ergonomic and has a exceptional value for money.
The Lincoln Electric Torch Weed Burner is a pleasure to use for applications that require a large volume of heat. The torch is perfectly suitable for tasks like repairing road surfaces, removing paint, burning bushes, weeds, and stumps, melting snow and ice, roofing, melting tar and asphalt.
- Easy to operate
- Safe to use
- Flint striker included
- Ergonomic grip handle
- Does not produce a toxic substance
- 10’ LP gas hose for a safe distance
- Exceptional value for money
- Great for applications that require a large volume of heat.
- The flame delivers a massive output, so you need to be extra careful when using the device.
- The electric weed burner is available in black only.
If you’re looking for a high performing electric weed killer torch, this innovative weed burner device will work great for you. It can burn weeds efficiently and will get your job done in no time.
- Manufacturer: Magna Industries
- Item Weight: 3.89 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 38 x 3 x 3 inches
- Product Features:
- Spark lighter for easy and safe ignition
- 61″ Liquified petroleum gas hose
- Connect to any POL style propane tank
- 500,000 BTU Torch kit
The last torch on our list is the Mag-Torch 500,000 BTU Weed Burner (MT 5000). This torch is the best choice if you need to burn or eliminate weeds in spacious lawns or gardens.
Eliminating weeds with this full blast flamethrower is very simple. But it delivers a powerful and massive flame so you do need to be extra cautious when using it.
The weed burner features a specific mechanism that makes the flame adjustable that caters to your preference and allows you to eradicate any types of weeds at ease.
In addition to that, it melts any ice or snow blocking your driveways during the winter with very minimal effort.
This innovative kit provides you with all the intensity you need to burn and exterminate tenacious weeds. It also comes with a spark lighter to ensure a safe and effortless ignition. Using the torch in a minimum of a 20 pound cylinder is highly recommended.
This durable weed killer features a 61-inch hose and is versatile enough to accommodate any POL style propane tank (BBQ Tank).
The long reach hose will provide you with better maneuverability while weeding. It limits the unnecessary bending and saves you from possible back pain as you get the job done.
The Mag-Torch Weed burner is user friendly. However, if you’re a first time user, you’ll find the flamethrower slightly intimidating if you haven’t used a weed killer torch before.
However, there have been some complaints about incomplete instructions in the box which is a disappointment, but if you have someone who has used a weed killer before to help you then you will be just fine. It is one the best weed torches out there, expense wise.
- The kit includes a spark lighter for easy ignition.
- A broad scope of applications.
- Ideal for a larger project.
- Best to use for a 20 pound propane cylinder and upwards.
- Lightweight and durable.
- 61-inch hose for better maneuverability
- Exceptional value for money.
- Incomplete instructions in the box
If you’re looking for a torch with a high level performance rate and well worth your money, then why not try the Mag-Torch weed burner. This is your top weed torch for a large garden/backyard.
The mag-torch burner is also ideal for roof and construction workers who need to burn some asphalt or a typical gardener looking to eradicate weeds from a random space.
Precautionary Tips While Using A Weed Torch
- Avoid wearing loose clothing when using the flammable tool.
- Do not wear sandals, open-toed shoes, or vinyl sliding when operating the combustible torch. These materials are prone to catching flame, doing so will put yourself in danger.
- Maintain a distance of at least 3-inches away from your footwear when operating the weed burner.
- We do not recommend the burning of poisonous plants like poison ivy or poison oak. Smoke from these plants is toxic when inhaled.
- When flaming mulched areas in your garden, hose down thoroughly with water afterward, and don’t forget to double-check every corner carefully to avoid fire.
- Avoid getting close to conifers when flaming, because this plant is flammable.
- The best time to control weeds using a flamer is in the early summer when they are still young. It helps you save time and fuel costs.
- Using eye protection is necessary if you’re using the flamer above the shoulder level.
- Ask someone to be on standby with a garden hose ready to hose down any areas while operating the weed burner torch.
Final Thoughts On The Best Weed Killer Torches
Mostly every gardener finds weeding one of the most tiring tasks while gardening and if you decide to pull weeds by hand then you most likely will endure pack pain. That is why using a weed torch is your best bet when it comes to eliminating weeds.
Picking the right weed killer appropriate for your needs will not only make your task of eliminating weeds complete in no time, but it will also help you get the job done with ease.
Most weed killer torches on the market today are user friendly. They feature a powerful flame efficient in dispatching weeds in the garden without the need to rely on toxic chemicals.
If you have to deal with persistent weeds frequently, then a weed killer torch is the most useful tool you could ever add to your garden shed. With that being said, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask below!